Sikh Rose Float. Select the decorating/Detail Day dates you would like to attend.
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Telephone Number (required)
2019 Rose Parade Volunteer Decoration Schedule
Saturday Dec. 1, 2018 9:00 am to 5:00 pmSaturday Dec. 8, 2018 9:00 am to 5:00 pmSaturday Dec. 15, 2018 9:00 am to 5:00 pmSaturday Dec. 22, 2018 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
*Lunch break is 12 pm – 12:30 pm*
December 26, 2018 – Wednesday Shift 1: 8:00 am to 3:00 pmDecember 26, 2018 - Wednesday Shift 2: 3:00 pm to 9:00 pmDecember 27, 2018 – Thursday Shift 1: 8:00 am to 4:00 pmDecember27, 2018 - Thursday Shift 2: 4:00 pm to 11:00 pmDecember 28, 2018 – Friday Shift 1: 8:00 am to 4:00 pmDecember 28,2018 - Friday Shift 2: 4:00 pm to 11:00 pmDecember 29, 2018 – Saturday Shift 1: 8:00 am to 4:00 pmDecember 29, 2018 Saturday Shift 2: 4:00 pm to 11:00 pmDecember 30, 2018 – Sunday Shift 2: 4:00 pm to completion
*Dinner break is 6 pm to 6:30 pm*
You may volunteer for any or all of the dates listed, however, we do ask that when you sign up you be prepared to work a full shift of 8 hours each time. PLEASE NOTE: For insurance purposes, we ask that decorators MUST be at least 13 years of age. When you arrive for your pre-scheduled shift you will be assigned to where we need you. We strive to make sure you have a great time and feel a sense of accomplishment when you are done! (Although you may get a bit messy too, so please wear proper working attire.)
The list of rules and regulations from the Float Company are displayed below. It is imperative that these rules be followed. In the event a volunteer fails to follow these rules, the volunteer coordinator and float company reserve the right to take corrective action, including refusal of entrance into the rose float site, and expulsion from the work site. These rules will be strictly enforced In order to insure the safety of all volunteers and the completion of the floats.
Phoenix Decoration Rules
1. Please do not bring radios, walkmans, cameras, handbags or jewelry. Bring your I.D. & money only. Fanny packs work great.
2. Wear old but warm clothing and sturdy shoes with closed toe and heel tie back long hair.
3. Fire lane must be kept open at all times and the area around the float should be kept clean.
4. Please do not expect to use the office phones. There are pay phones located outside the north door for your use. Incoming calls will not be accepted for workers and no paging will be allowed from the office. We will take emergency calls only.
5. No one is allowed inside the building during judging when you are asked to step outside. Please do so promptly and remember to take out any personal items with you.
6. All breaks are to be taken outside. All food and drinks are to be kept outside.
7. Volunteers are here to work. There will be some not-so-glamorous jobs that need to be done besides decorating; it all has to be done.
8. No smoking is allowed in the buildings.
9. No more than 3 people are allowed on scaffolding at a time.
10. Please check-in with your crew chief when you arrive at your float and when you leave.
11. HAVE FUN!!